8.20.2014

gonna have a good day // #goodthingshappen


buddha + flamingo necklaces c.o. dogeared // shirt c.o mnkr


16. Happy little necklaces full of good wishes.



Do you ever have a spectacularly good day? 
Nothing huge in particular happens, but it's just really good? 
Your hair was on point, your neighbor waved back,
 it was Taco Tuesday


 I have this theory that nearly every day could be like that if we focused on it a little more.
 So much good stuff happens and then gets totally run over by everything else. 
Taco Tuesday isn't so great when your taco shell goes kaput

who am I kidding a taco is a taco 
but YOU GET MY DRIFT 

So when Dogeared, my favorite makers of my favorite little necklaces, 
asked if I wanted to get involved in their #GoodThingsHappen campaign, 
I moved so fast I could have taken out Flash.

Rather than just swinging about some golden wishes,
 I thought I'd show you 15 very specific everyday things that I think are good

Books, rollerskates,
 and when people smile for no reason.
Number 10 is actually "hugs" but I like hogs too so take it as you will

I then got on Insta and asked you guys how your day was happening,
 and got some very happy news:

 "I ran 1.5 miles at field hockey practice & finished 13th out of about 60 girls!" - Yael

 "I got to hug my best friend!" - Colleen

"Karma was nice to me today. I bought coffee for my activities director and I made almost all my lights. I drove completely at peace with the world." - Sallie

"I managed to jump off an island into the sea in Italy from 9 metre!" - Isabella

 If all of these things were happening in one day,
 there's no reason they shouldn't the next.

So here is my very specific question I'd love to have youa nswer in the comments:

What good thing (or things) happened to you today?

While you're thinking about it,  check out Dogeared's classic Make a Wish collections. 
Every piece represents a different quality,
 and they're very helpful reminders of what you want to see in yourself. 

I've rubbed my Buddha so much there's no way he's not lucky.

xx
Justina
ps.
THIS MNKR TSHIRT MAKES ME ALL OF THE HAPPY ALWAYS.
that is all
 
pps. 
I nominated Jack for the ice bucket challenge and he made my day doing it






follow A Bent Piece Of Wire on twitter|facebook|bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. this is such a creative post! i think i should adopt this outlook on life. the good thing that happened to me today: i bought The Bends by Radiohead on record and it is simply beautiful! xo
    refreshion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great life attitude. Today, I got to have the best tasting cup of coffee in a while. However, the day is young. I hope to see more wonderful things happen.

    http://lamentinglizzie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what I want to hear. Or what you want to say.

Just remember:

If you're mean, I'll track you down and replace all your shoes with those hideous white tennis things that are so popular among the very sad.